Bike park with Cable Car Sector
These are freeride “La Grave” style runs meaning no colour coding or security barriers – the terrain is generally demanding and only suitable for experienced mountain bikers.
In this area it is best to choose a strong enduro mountain bike or a downhill or freeride model. A local organization (L’AVAG) has mapped out the MTB tracks here so that walkers and riders may coexist.
These tracks, cut away by riders, alternate between untamed single tracks and fun sections with banked turns and jumps.
Opening: from 18 June to 13 September 2020
N° of kilometres of MTB tracks: 35 km
N° of MTB tracks: 6
Altitude difference: 3200m to 1400m
Routes not to be missed
- King Stone Road : 8.3km ; 1800m descent
- Chavala : 5.4km ; 1000m descent
- Cote Fine : 5.8km ; 1000m descent
Plan of the MTB tracks waymarked by l’AVAG
¡ Important !
- Mountain bikes do not have priority.
- The domain is shared by walkers and livestock (cows, sheep).
- Please be respectful of them and remember to close gates and fences behind you.
Les Téléphériques de La Grave / La Meije
L’AVAG (Association du Vélo Alternatif de la Grave)
VTT-FFC area • La Grave – La Meije and Villar d’Arene
The Grave domain is now labelled as a VTT-FFC site wth over 300km of waymarked runs to ride among outstanding scenery. The cherry on the cake is the FFC waymarked Grand Traversée des Hautes-Alpes starting in Villar d’Arene.
- An FFC site
- N° of kilometres of tracks: 310 km
- Grande Traversée des Hautes-Alpes : 91 km
- N° of itineraries and their colour codes: 19 itineraries – 1 green track, 4 blue tracks, 8 red tracks, 6 black tracks
- MTB events: Ultra Raid de La Meije – Septembre